Vegan Broccoli ‘Cheddar’ Soup by alexafuelednaturally. A tasty healthy gem.
2 cups broccoli florets
1 cup raw cashews
2 cups filtered water
1 1/2 tbsp “Not chicken” bouillon
1 cup celery,chopped
1 cup carrot, chopped
1/2 tsp black pepper
Cheddar sauce: Juice of 1 lemon 1/2 cup raw cashews (soaked for 2 hours) 1 cup carrot, chopped 1 cup potato, chopped 1 cup unsweetened almond milk 1/2 water 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper 1/2 tbsp garlic powder 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1. Soak raw cashews in filtered water for 2 hours.
2.In a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion until translucent, adding 1-2 tbsp of water every minute to prevent sticking. Saute 5 minutes. Set aside.
3. Drain your raw cashews and rinse with water. Place soaked cashews in a blender with
4. 2 cups of filtered water. Blend for 30 seconds on high speed. Place a mesh drainer over a bowl and pour the cashew milk through. *You could also use a nut milk bag if you have one.* 5. Pour cashew milk, two cups of filtered water and 1 1/2 tbsp “not chicken” bouillon. Whisk together until bouillon is dissolved. Bring to a simmer for about 5 minutes. Add broccoli, carrots, and celery; simmer until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
6. Meanwhile make “cheddar sauce”. In a large pot bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add copped potatoes and carrots to the pot and let cook for 15 minutes or until tender.
7. Once potatoes and carrots are cooked, Drain the potatoes and carrots (discard the water) and place all your cheddar sauce ingredients into a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Pour the sauce into the pot and stir to combine. Simmer for 5 minutes and then serve hot! Enjoy.
Follow us vegan.recipes4u for Daily vegan recipes!