CREAMY HUMMUS PASTA
Simple creamy hummus pasta with roasted broccoli & peas:
– 2 servings dried wholewheat penne pasta
– 1 cup frozen peas
– 1/2 head broccoli
– cherry tomatoes
– juice of 1 lemon
– 1/2 300g pot hummus
– nutritional yeast
– salt & pepper
1. For the roasted broccoli, just preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas Mark 6/400F and line a baking tray with non stick baking parchment. Add your broccoli florets (you may need to slice the bigger florets in half lengthways) to the baking tray and place into the oven for 15 mins until soft enough to poke a knife through the stems and slightly browned and crisp.
2. Cook the pasta according to packet instructions and cook the peas in the same pan with the pasta.
3. Once the broccoli is done, take out the oven and set aside.
4. When the pasta is cooked al dante, Drain the pasta and peas, then pour back into the pan ed by the roasted broccoli and sliced cherry tomatoes.
5. Stir in the hummus, lemon juice, sprinkle in some nutritional yeast and season with salt and pepper.
6. Give it all a good stir in the pan until everything is creamy and saturated in the hummus.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Follow us vegan.recipes4u for Daily vegan recipes!