CHICKPEA, SWEET POTATO & PEANUT CURRY 💛
– 1 small onion, finely diced
– 2 cloves garlic, minced OR 2tsp garlic granules
– 1 red pepper, diced
– 6 sliced baby corn 🌽
– 1 medium sweet potato, chopped into small chunks
– 1 veggie stock cube (I use OXO)
– 1 tbsp curry powder
– 1 tsp cumin powder
– 1 tsp ground ginger
– 400g passata (blended tomatoes)
– 400g can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
– 300ml water
– juice of 1 lime
– 2 tbsp tbsp smooth natural peanut butter
– salt & pepper, to taste
1. Steam or boil the chopped sweet potato for 15 mins until soft enough to poke a fork through the flesh without it falling apart. Set aside.
2. Sauté the onion and garlic (or skip fresh garlic if your using garlic granules instead) in a medium/large saucepan with a little water on a high heat setting for 5 mins until almost soft.
2. Add in the diced pepper & baby corn, cook for another 10 mins until almost soft.
3. Stir in all the spices & stock cube (including the garlic granules if using) cook for 1 min until fragrant.
4. Pour in the passata, chickpeas, sweet potato & 300ml of water. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently, once it starts to bubble turn the heat down to low and simmer for 20 mins occasionally stirring.
5. Add in the peanut butter & lime juice, then simmer for another 10 mins until the sauce is creamy and has reduced down. (Feel free to add more water if it gets too thick whilst cooking) Season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve the curry with basmati rice and any other veggies you want. Enjoy!!
Follow us vegan.recipes4u for Daily vegan recipes!