Candy Potato and Corn Falafels by cupfulofkale ❤️
yield: 18-20 FALAFELS
1 medium-large candy potato
1/Four cup/25g oats
2 tins (800g) chickpeas, cooked
1 purple onion
2 garlic cloves
3/Four cup/130g sweetcorn, drained
1 tsp floor cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
half tsp salt
1-2 tsp sriracha
Four tbsp dietary yeast
Handful recent coriander (cilantro), finely chopped
Handful recent parsley, finely chopped
1. Pierce the candy potato and place within the microwave on excessive for 10 minutes or till gentle by. If you do not have a microwave, peel after which boil till gentle.
2. Place the oats in a meals processor and blitz till it resembles flour. Add the drained chickpeas, roughly chopped onion and garlic. Blitz till chickpeas are largely damaged down. I like to depart some chunky bits.
3. Switch them combination to a bowl and add the remaining substances. As soon as the candy potato is cooked, reduce in half lengthways and scoop out the flesh.
4. Add to the bowl and blend every little thing collectively.
5. Pop the combination within the fridge for half hour to agency up if it appears too gentle. If the combination appears too moist, add a bit of flour. If it is dry add a bit of water.
In a big saucepan/skillet warmth a skinny layer of oil on medium warmth.
6. Take a tablespoon of combination roll right into a ball and place on a plate. Repeat till all of the combination had gone.
7. Place 6-Eight falafels in at a time, or nonetheless many you may match it while permitting area round them.
8. Flatten them down with the again of a spatula and cook dinner on either side for 3-Four minutes till golden brown.
9. Maintain cooked falafels in an oven on low warmth while the others cook dinner.
10. Greatest eaten recent however will hold within the fridge for 3-Four days in an hermetic container.
Notes: You may sub the sriracha for ketchup if you do not need the spice.
[Recipe & Photography by Tamsin from cupfulofkale, as posted on cupfulofkale.com/sweet-potato-and-corn-falafels/]
Comply with vegan.recipes4u for much more scrumptious recipes!