Scrumptious Butter Lettuce Wraps? which might be crammed with crunchy jicama, cashews, and vibrant colours of blended greens?
Save for later! ?
Comply with vegan.recipes4u for extra! ?
Recipe (makes 2-Three servings)
– Butter lettuce leaves
– 7oz [200g] agency tofu – pressed then cubed
– 3/four cup jicama cubes or water chestnuts
– 3/four cup blended greens (used peas, carrots, roasted corn)
– half of cup of dry toasted nuts of selection (used cashews)
– half of cup chopped mushrooms (used King oyster)
– half of teaspoon minced ginger
– half of teaspoon minced garlic
– sesame oil
– oil for cooking
– hoisin sauce for serving
– toasted sesame seeds
– pepper to style
Sauce: Whisk collectively 1/four cup of water with 1 tablespoon tamari/gluten-free soy sauce, 1 tablespoon vegan ‘oyster’ sauce (see spotlight or woonheng.com ‘cooking necessities’ for recipe), and 1 teaspoon rice vinegar in a bowl till well-combined.
In a heated non-stick pan with a tablespoon of oil, sauté ginger and garlic till fragrant. Then, pan-fry tofu cubes till golden brown, add the mushrooms and proceed to cook dinner for an additional minute or two. Push the elements to the facet of the pan and add within the jicama, then toss all the things with sauce till well-combined. Add a drizzle of sesame oil and switch the cooked combination to a bowl. Serve with butter lettuce leaves.