Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup ? by by twospoons.ca
Comply with us vegan.recipes4u for extra vegan recipe ??
? It’s so creamy, velvety and opulent, with a lot of mushroom chunks!
1/2 cup uncooked cashews
1/Four cup olive oil
1 candy onion finely chopped
Three cloves garlic finely chopped
1 1/2 lb cremini mushrooms sliced
1/Four cup all-purpose flour
2 cups vegetable broth
6 sprigs thyme tied with twine
2 bay leaves
1 tsp sea salt
1/Four tsp pepper
1 tbsp miso white or crimson
1. In a small bowl and the cashews and pour in boiling water to soak. Put aside.
2. In a big pot, add the olive oil, onion and garlic and convey to medium-high warmth. Prepare dinner, stirring usually till the onions have softened, about 7 minutes).
3. Add the mushrooms and prepare dinner for five to 7 minutes, then sprinkle within the flour and blend collectively. Prepare dinner for two minutes, then pour in 1/2 cup of the vegetable broth and convey to a low simmer. Toss within the thyme, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Simmer the soup for five minutes, then pour within the remaining broth. Cowl and let the soup simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. In the meantime, make the cashew cream: pressure the cashews and add to a high-speed blender with the miso and three/Four cup of contemporary water. Mix till easy and creamy.
5. Flip the warmth to low and pour the cashew cream into the soup. Stir all the things to mix. Scoop out the thyme and bay leaf and serve.